Monday, April 12, 2010

2 DAY BACKPACK TRIP AND FLY FISHING ON DEEP CREEK 4-9-2010








4-9-10 I decided to head back to Deep Creek in the Great Smokey Mountain national Park once again for a backpacking fly fishing trip. Once again it was a really good trip we had over an inch of rain on Thursday and Deep Creek was raging. I learned to fish the high water so it didn't concern me much. After setting up camp on Friday I headed to the river the water was high it was hard to find any calm water I managed to land two brown trout. Saturday I woke early cooked breakfast and headed up to high elevation in search of brook trout....I was looking to hit whats called a grand slam brook,brown and rainbow trout all on one stream.

I caught three within an hour then headed back down the trail to meet with friends we had a great evening around the campfire had a great dinner and headed out on Sunday and fished back down the trail the water level had dropped and the fishing was awesome! trout rising everywhere I can still remember the early days when I started this blog of wondering if and when I would ever catch any larger fish I guess the time has come here lately I have caught some nice ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment