Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter weekend Backpack trip to #24 GSMNP






Easter weekend in the GSMNP we went again with the hiking group out to site # 24 I decided to fish for a bit Saturday afternoon despite periods of gusty winds this was a good choice because I found some great water to fish and managed to land an 11" brown trout what a nice fight he put up it was the 1st time I was actually able to use the real and play the fish perfectly to the net unharmed. Sunday morning we packed an left and i fished back down the river selecting holes and it paid off nicely caught a very colorful rainbow and a few other nice trout.

The weather was just perfect what a wonderful weekend in the Smokies I prefer fishing the park over any where else there is nothing like the beauty and peace the park has to offer it is my favorite place one i have been coming to ever since I was a kid....thanks mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment