Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring Fishing Little River 4-22-10






We had some much needed rain here in East Tennessee on Tuesday which brought our river levels flow rate back to a normal flow for this time of year so I decided to call my old boss and see if he was up for a little fishing after him seeing that huge brown I caught on Monday he said he was interested in going. He was up for it and said he would meet me at the river.

He showed up and we started fishing around 2:00PM he had not been out since we took a beginner fly fishing class together last October I showed him what fly pattern they had been hitting on and away he went. I decided to change to a dropper fly and was rigging my line when he walked over and said does this count as the 1st fish? He had on his first cast landed a beautiful 13 1/2 inch brown.

I fished down just below him for a bit an managed to land a decent rainbow it wasn't until we moved up river that I was able to land another bruiser myself a 13'' brown man there have been some nice fish taken this year I sure hope the action continues it sure has been HOT! it was another beautiful day to be on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment